Sunday, August 29, 2010

It has been a long long hot hot summer.....

lots of traveling, entertaining grandkids and visiting friends.

Let's start with my visit to the mountains to see my friends, Chris and Cathy. We went to Hendersonville for dinner and ate at the Never Blue on the main drag. Although we had reservations, they were clueless when we got there but eventually seated us outside. Seats were pretty uncomfortable but we stole some cushions from neighboring chairs. This restaurant's menu was anattempt at a tapas theme. Drinks were just ok -- not as cold as they should have been in such warm weather.
I ordered the lamb which was nice but the peas that were served alongside the skewers were dry and shriveled like they were left out all night! Gross...when I mentioned this to the waitress, she agreed and kept on going. No repeat visit here.

Next visit was to Brevard. Love this little town. We stopped for lunch after walking the fun annual art fair. We had lunch at Hob Nob. Much to my amazement, we were served the freshest, most interesting salads we have had in a very long time. Mine was unbelieveable!! The dressing had a cantaloupe base and was LUSCIOUS!! My only criticism was that the waiters uniform was stained and dirty -- a real sore spot with me. So sad since he was exceptionally good. The laugh of the day was when a "well to do" southern lady who we were speaking with during lunch waved farewell to us and said, "It was so nice meeting REAL southern people....and you too honey (referring to me". Niiice.

Lastly we had drinks at the Grove Park Inn. Anyone in the area has got to stop there for a look. Naturally gorgeous with large rock walls, etc. I almost thought I was in Texas with everything built so BIG. Drink on the back patio was soo nice and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment